Blog of the Way of Saint James in Galicia
Sociedade Anónima de Xestión do Plan Xacobeo
25 years promoting the Way of St. James
The public sector firm Sociedade Anónima de Xestión do Plan Xacobeo, which falls under Turismo de Galicia (Tourism of Galicia), was established for the purpose of managing the communal services of the network of hostels in the Autonomous Community of Galicia and the other elements of its heritage. Its object also includes coordinating specific activities related to the Way of St. James and the culture of this pilgrimage route.
The firm was created in 1991 in anticipation of the 1993 Holy Year, known as Xacobeo 93.
The company’s specific object is to carry out the following activities:
- Managing income and expenses deriving from operation of the public network of hostels and the entity’s other buildings.
- Coordinating activities relating to hostel staff and facilities; conservation, signposting and recovery of the route; and the management tasks required in these areas.
- Relations with friends of the Way of St. James associations.
- Coordinating specific activities related to the culture of this pilgrimage route, especially exhibitions, as well as carrying out the management tasks required in these areas.
In 2016, the Sociedade Anónima de Xestión do Plan Xacobeo is celebrating its silver jubilee. And preparations are already underway for what will be the next Holy Year of the 21st century: 2021.
General information telephone:
- Call to phone:
- From Galicia:
- From outside Galicia:
981 900 643
902 112 000
- International phone:
00 34 981 900 643
00 34 902 112 000
- From Galicia:
Email general information:
- Email: email@example.com
The Way of Saint James contact information:
- Phone: 902 332 010 // 00 34 981 572 004
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org