Santiago de Compostela, 23–25 October 2017
The Way of St. James and Pilgrimages Department of the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC), in collaboration with the Compostela Group of Universities, is organizing an international seminar titled The Way of St. James and Europe, to be held 23–25 October. The event is part of the activities programme created by the Xunta de Galicia to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Santiago de Compostela Declaration, which designated the Way of St. James as the first European Cultural Route.
This seminar, interdisciplinary and international, is addressed to all those interested in the Camino de Santiago and Europe.
The event will comprise three days of lectures and debates discussing legal, social and cultural aspects of the Way of St. James and Europe.
The seminar is being organized under the direction of Dr. Domingo Luis González Lopo, director of the Way of St. James and Pilgrimages Department at the USC, and Dr. María Teresa Carballeira Rivera, executive secretary of the Compostela Group of Universities.
The seminar’s scientific committee is made up of:
- Dr. Adeline Rucquoi. Co-director of the Way of St. James and Pilgrimages Department.
- Dr. Segundo López. Co-director of the Way of St. James and Pilgrimages Department.
- Dr. Marek Kręglewski. President of the Compostela Group of Universities.
- Miguel Vázquez Taín. Professor of art history at the USC.
- Marta Cendón. Associate professor of art history at the USC.
Grant application period open until 10 October.